by Linda Mire
Ice Cream Loaf adapted from Eagle Brand.com
Praline Sauce adapted from My Recipes.com
Ingredients For The Crust:
1 cup graham cracker crumbs
¼ cup ground pecans (toasted)
Ingredients For The Ice Cream Filling:
2 cups heavy cream
1 can Eagle Brand Sweetened Condensed Milk
Ingredients For Praline Sauce:
½ cup of unsalted butter
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
½ cup heavy cream
Pinch of sea salt
½ cup pecan halves
½ teaspoon vanilla
Directions For The Crust:
1. Line 9x5 loaf pan with aluminum foil, extending over the edges pan.
2. In medium bowl, combine cracker crumbs, ground pecans and olive oil.
3. Mix thoroughly.
4. Press the mixture in the bottom and half way up the sides of the loaf pan.
5. Place in the freezer to begin setting while you prepare ice cream filling.
Directions For The Ice Cream Filling:
1. Whip heavy cream with mixer on high to form nice peaks.
2. Reduce speed on mixer to low and slowly add the Eagle Brand Milk.
3. Pour mixture into loaf pan.
4. Place in the freezer for 5-6 hours until very firm.
Directions For Praline Sauce:
1. In medium sauce pan, melt butter.
2. On low heat, add brown sugar, stirring continually 2-3 minutes.
3. Turn off heat and add cream.
4. Add pinch of sea salt, pecans and vanilla, stirring well.
5. Cool slightly before spooning over loaf.
1. Turn Ice Cream Loaf on to oblong platter.
2. Carefully remove the foil.
3. Spoon half of the praline sauce over the loaf.
4. Serve rest of the sauce with individual slices.