Portobello Tuna Melts
by Linda Mire
adapted from Cook Yourself Thin
4 Portobello mushrooms (stems and gills removed)
4 Tablespoons Sciabica's Lemon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
6.4 ounce pouch of chunk light tuna (I used StarKist.)
2 celery stalks, finely chopped
4 green onions, finely chopped
4 slices of jalapeno jack cheese
4 slices of tomato
additional green onion, white removed and greens thinly sliced for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Using 2 Tablespoons of the olive oil, lightly brush mushrooms (inside and out)
3. Place mushroom on cookie sheet and bake for about 10 minutes (until softened)
4. Remove from oven and cool.
5. In large bowl, mix tuna, remaining 2 Tablespoons of olive oil, celery and green onions.
6. Add a pinch of sea salt and pepper.
7. Fill each mushroom cap with tuna mixture.
8. Place a slice of cheese on top of each.
9. Place mushrooms back in oven, this time using your broiler to melt the cheese.
10. Remove from oven and place a tomato slice on each one.
11. Garnish with chives and serve immediately.
Post a Comment