Slap Ya Mama's Fallin Apart Pork Butt
by Kimberly Dockery
1 (4 pound) pork shoulder butt, roast
whole garlic cloves (optional, use as many as desired)
1/3 cup Lea & Perrins Worcestershire Sauce
3/4 cup light brown sugar
1 1/4 cups unsweetened apple juice
1. Make small slits all over the roast then insert a whole garlic clove into each slit.
2. Place the roast in a greased casserole dish with a lid.
3. Sprinkle the roast on all sides with Worcestershire sauce.
4. Let sit at room temperature for 1-1/2 hours.
5. After 1-1/2 hours spoon any Worcestershire sauce (if any) back on the roast that has accumulated on the bottom of the casserole.
6. Mix brown sugar and SYM seasoning together and press well into the meat on all sides.
7. Pour the apple juice into the bottom of the casserole.
8. Cover tightly.
9. Preheat oven to 425 degrees for 15 minutes.
10. Place the roast in the oven and immediately reduce the temperature down to 200 degrees.
11.. Roast for about 4 hours or until the meat is falling-apart tender.
12. Slice meat as desired.
Slap-Chini Cakes (aka Baked Zucchini Cakes)
by Kimberly Dockery
Ingredients (makes 12 cakes)
3.cups (2 medium) zucchini, coarsely grated.
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup panko bread crumbs
1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan Cheese
4 green onions, thinly sliced
1/4 cup red bell pepper, finely chopped
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1 Tablespoon mayonnaise
1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
Slap Ya Mama Sauce (see recipe below)
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees and spray two baking sheets with canola oil.
2. Grate zucchini on the large holes of a box grater.
3. Squeeze grated zucchini in a clean kitchen towel. Zucchini should be fairly dry, and you have have about 2 cups after removing it from the towel.
4. Place zucchini and remaining ingredients in a bowl; mix well.
5. Form into 12 patties (approximatel 2-inch diameter), and place on prepared baking sheets.
6. Bake for 10 minutes. Then turn each cake over and bake for another 8 minutes.
7. Remove from oven and serve immediately with sauce.
1/4 cup sour cream
1/2 Tablespoon (or to taste) prepared horseradish
Mix together and serve with Slap-Chini Cakes!