Lock-n-Load Southern Pecan-Toasted Pecan Rice
by Linda Mire
¼ cup chopped pecans
2 Tablespoons unsalted butter
3 cloves garlic, finely minced
1 ½ cups of long-grained rice (I use Adolphus)
2 cups brewed Lock-n-Load Java Armory Select Southern Pecan coffee
1 cup low sodium chicken broth
¼ teaspoon Slap Ya Mama Original Blend Cajun Seasoning
1. In a non-stick pan, toast the pecans over medium heat for about 3-4 minutes, stirring frequently.
2. In a large stock pot with a lid, saute the tasso and garlic in the butter.
3. Stir in the rice.
4. Add the brewed coffee and chicken broth.
5. Add the Slap Ya Mama and stir.
6. Bring to a rolling boil, then reduce the heat to low.
7. Cover and cook for 20 minutes. (do not remove the lid for the full 20 minutes!!)
8. Uncover and fluff with a fork. Let sit for 5 minutes before serving.
9. Place in a serving dish and gently fold in the toasted pecans.
10. Generously sprinkle Slap Ya Mama on top.