Slap Ya Mama Pasta Jambalaya
Serves 2 to 3
by Deanah Kim
1 teaspoon Slap Ya Mama Original Cajun Seasoning
1 teaspoon Slap Ya Mama Hot Cajun Seasoning
1 Tablespoon olive oil, plus more as needed
8 ounces chicken breast, diced into 1 inch pieces
4 ounces Andouille or smoked sausage ( I used turkey Kielbasa)
4 ounces large shrimp
6 ounces dried Linguine
1 small onion, thinly sliced
½ medium green bell pepper, julienned
½ medium red bell pepper, julienned
2 cloves garlic, minced
½ cup dry white wine or dry vermouth
½ cup low sodium chicken stock
½ cup heavy cream
1. Combine the two Slap Ya Mama seasonings. Use 1 ½ tsp of the combined mixture to season the chicken and the shrimp.
2. Bring a large pot of salted water to boil. Cook the linguine until just short of al dente, about 8 to 9 minutes. Reserve ½ cup of part cooking water and drain. Hold aside.
3. Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a 10 inch, straight sided sauté pan over medium high heat. When hot, cook chicken until just barely cooked, about 1 ½ minute each side. Remove to a medium sized bowl and reserve. Return pan to stove.
4. Add more oil if pan looks dry. Cook the sausage. Remove from pan when browned and add to the bowl of reserved cooked chicken. Return pan to stove.
5. Add the shrimp and cook until just barely opaque, about 1 minute per side. Remove from pan and hold aside in the bowl of reserved chicken and sausage.
6. In the same pan, add more oil if needed, and sautee the onion, peppers and garlic until translucent with the remaining ½ tsp of seasoning mixture. Add the wine and cook until almost completely absorbed. Add the chicken stock and cook until the onions and peppers soften, and the liquid is almost completely absorbed.
7. Add the heavy cream and cook until slightly thickened.
8. Add the drained pasta to the pan. If the sauce looks dry, add the reserved pasta cooking water, ¼ cup at a time. Add the reserved chicken, sausage and shrimp mixture, including any collected juices and combine.