This recipe (flour, baking powder, eggs, and milk) is a basic fritter recipe - you can add any number of ingredients such as crab (which would work great with the Chesapeake Bay Rub, also from Feiny's Fine Foods), diced apples with a little bit of cinnamon and sugar instead of the salt and pepper, etc.
1 cup gluten-free all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum (only if your mix does not already have it in there)
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
2 eggs (or 1/2 cup Egg Beaters)
6 Tablespoons milk (cow, soy, nut, or hemp)
1 Tablespoon Feiny's Everything Rub
1/2-3/4 cup fresh corn (you can use canned if fresh is not available, just drain and rinse well...add as much or as little as you would like).
1/2 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
1/4 teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
1. Preheat fryer to 350°F or in a medium skillet add 1/4-1/2 cup oil and heat over medium heat to shallow fry instead of deep frying.
2. In a large bowl, combine all of the dry ingredients, mix well.
3. In a separate bowl, mix together all of the wet ingredients until well combined.
4. Slowly add to dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
5. Drop batter by the spoonful and cook until golden brown on all sides.
6. Check for seasoning and adjust if needed.
7. Do not over crowed the fryer or pan.
8. Remove from oil and drain on a paper towel lined dish.
9. Repeat process with remaining batter.
10. Serve warm.
11. Hold in a warm oven at about 200°F if needed.