Zesty Shrimp & Black Bean Salad
Adapted from EatingWell: July/August 2012
- 1-2 teaspoons Slap Ya Mama Original Cajun Seasoning
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 3 Tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon minced chipotle chile in adobo, or more to taste
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound peeled and deveined shrimp
- 1 15-ounce can black beans, rinsed
- 1 cup quartered cherry tomatoes
- 1 large poblano pepper or bell pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped scallions
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
Season 2 quart waters with SYM seasoning and bring to a boil. Add shrimp, reduce heat, and cook until shrimp are pink and firm. Cool shrimp, and cut into 1/2” pieces.
Whisk vinegar, oil, chipotle, cumin and salt in a large bowl. Add shrimp, beans, tomatoes, poblano (or bell pepper), scallions and cilantro; toss to coat. Serve room temperature or cold.
Serve with tortilla chips or fresh corn tortillas. Cover and refrigerate for up to 1 day.