When I first got my Instant Pot, I was a little fearful. All I could think about is my grandmother’s giant pressure cooker exploding while she was cooking soup. The soup exploded onto the ceiling, the walls, everywhere! Thank goodness no one was in the kitchen when it happened. That was over 50 years ago and with today’s technology, the new wave of pressure cookers are smarter, much more user-friendly and safer.
The Instant Pot has become my best friend in the kitchen and, like others, I wanted to spread news on how great it was. I found myself telling my doctor all about it the other day. She is a young mother that struggles with getting a healthy meal on the table at a reasonable time. With confidence, I told her, she needed an Instant Pot. I asked if she wanted to have a delicious roast and fresh vegetables on the table in less than an hour, or a whole roasted chicken on the table in less than 30 minutes. I went home and sent her a link to where she could buy one and links to a couple of my favorite pressure cooker cookbooks. I almost felt like I should have included my bill for services.
For the 37 Cooks Instant Pot Challenge, I wanted to show off the poultry setting, so I choose Turkey Steaks a l’Orange. They are delicious and very easy to make. My husband loved the Spring Vegetables I also cooked in the Instant Pot. I cooked the Turkey and the Vegetables separate, but still had my meal on the table in less than 45 minutes.
Instant Pot Turkey Steak a l’Orange with Spring Vegetables
by Linda Mire @ Seasons to Seasonings
8 Brussels sprouts
1/2 pound green beans (mixed green and yellow, if available)
1/2 cup of water
Coarse ground black pepper
For the turkey:
For the turkey:
3 white meat boneless turkey steaks, about a half-inch thick.
Coarse ground pepper
1 cup low sodium chicken broth
2 navel oranges
2 navel oranges
2 Tablespoons orange liqueur
3 Tablespoons orange marmalade
1/2 Tablespoon red pepper flakes
2 Tablespoons chopped parsley, for garnish
1) Wash and dry vegetables.
2) Place 1/2 cup of water in the Instant Pot.
3) Place vegetables on a stainless steel steamer. Place steamer in Instant Pot and secure lid.
4) Cook vegetables on high pressure for 2 minutes (manual setting button).
5) When vegetables are done, use the quick release option.
6) When all steam released, remove vegetables and place on cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
7) Lightly sprinkle the vegetables with olive oil, sea salt and coarse black pepper. Toss, making sure all vegetables coated.
8) Place in 150°F oven to stay warm.
9) Clean Instant Pot.
10) Lightly salt and pepper turkey steaks, set aside.
11) Place about 1 Tablespoon of olive oil in Instant Pot. Hit the saute button.
12) When oil is heated, brown the turkey steaks, about 1 minute per side.
13) When brown, remove turkey steaks to a plate and turn Instant Pot off.
14) Pour 1 cup broth in Instant Pot.
15) Using one of the oranges, slice three rings, about 1/4-inch thick. Set aside.
16) Juice oranges, you need at least 1/2 cup, if you have more, that is fine.
17) Place orange juice, orange liqueur and marmalade in Instant Pot and whisk together.
18) Add 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
19) Place turkey steaks in Instant Pot, directly in liquid. Secure lid.
20) Hit the poultry button to begin cooking for 15 minutes.
21) When done, use the quick release option.
22) Place turkey on platter leaving the sauce in the pot.
23) Place orange slices in Instant Pot and secure lid.
24) Using the manual setting, place on high pressure for 0 minutes.
25) When done, use the quick release option.
26) Place orange slices on turkey steaks.
27) Pour sauce over turkey and orange slices. Sprinkle with parsley and serve with vegetables.
Glad to be here i found it so amazing, Thank you for posting such a great information ……. Bed Bath & Beyond Return PolicyReplyDelete