Cajun Dirty Rice with Andouille
1 pound ground beef
1 pound Teet's Smoked Andouille Sausage, sliced
1/4 cup Kary's Dry Roux
1/4 cup water
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 large onion, chopped
1 cup green bell pepper, chopped
2 teaspoons garlic, minced
1 can cream of mushroom soup
2 cups beef stock
1 tablespoon Queen Bee seasoning
salt, to taste
3 cups cooked rice
sliced green onion, optional
Sriracha sauce, optional
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9 x 13" baking pan with non-stick cooking spray.
2. In a large skillet, crumble the ground beef and cook until browned and no longer pink. Drain grease from meat and set aside.
3. In the same skillet, combine the roux and water, constantly whisking. Add the oil, and then stir in the onion, bell pepper and garlic. Cook, stirring for about 3 minutes.
4. Add the cream of mushroom soup and beef stock and gently stir until well mixed.
5. Stir in the Queen Bee seasoning, salt and cooked rice. Mix well. You may add additional seasonings to your taste.
6. Pour mixture into baking dish. Cover tightly with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Serve warm, with sliced green onions and Sriracha if desired.
Post a Comment