Let me start off by saying that in all honesty, I'm not a huge fan of coconut. That is, until I tried the Gold Label Virgin Coconut Oil from Tropical Traditions! It does not have the strong coconut taste and smell as other coconut products have. Not only is coconut oil a healthy replacement for butter and other fats in cooking and baking, but it's also a great addition to your beauty regimen! I really enjoyed working with it for this challenge and look forward to making many more delicious recipes. Tropical Traditions is America's source for coconut oil!
Tropical Fruit Crêpe
basic crêpe recipe adapted from Allrecipes.com//french-crepes
1 cup flour
1 teaspoon sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 cups milk
2 Tablespoons Gold Label Virgin Coconut Oil, in liquid form
Container of Greek yogurt (plain, vanilla or honey)
Small cut pieces of fresh tropical fruit
Agave nectar (optional, for drizzling)
1. In a large bowl,combine the flour, sugar and salt.
2. Add in the eggs, milk and coconut oil and whisk until smooth.
3. In a non-stick skillet on medium heat, pour a very small amount of batter - enough for the size crêpe you want, but not too much so that the crêpe stays very thin. You want it to be the thickness of a tortilla, not a pancake.
4. These cook very fast, about a minute on each side. Remove from skillet and place onto serving plate.
5. Fill crêpe with about 2 Tablespoons of Greek yogurt, top with desired amount of tropical fruit pieces. I used banana, pineapple, mango and papaya.
6. Fold over the crêpe. Lightly drizzle with Greek yogurt and Agave nectar (optional).