Late June, early July is the peak time for Freestone peaches from Mexia and every year we head up to the fruit stands in the area to find the best. My recipe is a healthy way to enjoy peaches. This salsa is great with chips, but I enjoy it alone, like a salad. It would also go well with a grilled chicken breast or poached fish.
Chunky Peach and Avocado Salsa
2 large avocadoes, peeled, seed removed and diced*
1 lemon, juiced
2 large summer tomatoes, washed and diced*
2 large jalapenos, washed, seeded and diced
½ purple onion, peeled and diced
dash of pepper
dash of sea salt
2 Tablespoons Sciabica Lemon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 Tablespoon poppy seeds for garnish
3 Tablespoons chopped chives for garnish
*Remember this is chunky salsa, so your peach, avocado and tomato dices should be large.
1. Combine diced peaches and avocadoes in large bowl.
2. Add lemon juice and gently mix.
3. Add diced tomatoes, jalapenos and purple onions
4. Add pepper & sea salt to taste
5. Add lemon olive oil, poppy seeds and chives, gently mix
6. Serve with your favorite chips