Pumpkin Cream Cheese Cupcakes
yield 2 dozen cupcakes
1 box spice cake mix
1 3.4-ounce package vanilla instant pudding
1 cup canned pure pumpkin
1 8-ounce package cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare muffin tin by either greasing with non-stick cooking spray, or line with paper muffin cups.
2. Prepare cake batter as directed on package. Add the dry pudding mix and pumpkin and mix.
3. Spoon batter into muffin cups, just a little less than 2/3 full.
4. In a bowl or mixer, beat cream cheese until creamy. Add the sugar and egg and mix well.
5. Spoon about a tablespoon of the cream cheese mixture over each muffin cup of batter.
6. Bake about 18 to 21 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes in pan, then remove to a wire rack and cool completely. Store in refrigerator until ready to serve.