I bought my husband a Ninja Professional Blender for his birthday and we love mixing up our own fresh and healthy concoctions. We hadn't tried carrot juice as an ingredient, because I didn't think my husband would like it. However, when I saw See and Savour Blog's recipe for Carrot Lemonade, a light bulb went off in my head on how I could get him to enjoy it. With a few of our favorite things added, it is now a refreshing, healthy drink we will enjoy time and time again.
Minty Carrot Gingerade
Adapted from See and Savour - Carrot Lemonade
6 large carrots, peeled and cut into chunks
1 16.9-ounce bottle of diet ginger ale
1 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
2 cubes Dorot Crushed Ginger or 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
2 Tablespoons fresh orange mint, finely chopped*
6 large ice cubes
1. Place carrots in saucepan and cover completely with water.
2. Place on medium heat and cook for approximately 30 minutes, until carrots are soft and tender.
3. Remove from heat, drain and allow carrots to cool.
4. Place carrots, diet ginger ale, lemon juice, ginger and mint in blender (I used my Ninja Professional Blender)
5. Blend until smooth.
6. Add ice cubes and pulse until ice is crushed and incorporated with juice.
7. Serve and enjoy!
*Special thanks to Old School Produce for providing me with my fresh mint and the adorable miniature carrots in my picture.